Cornerstone Pregnancy Services
Welcome! Here is our Cornerstone FAQs page. This list includes some of our most asked questions about donations and volunteering. Check out the list here:
1. Are donations tax-deductible?
As a 501c3 non-profit, all donations given to Cornerstone are tax deductible. If asked, our center can give you a receipt with your donations. However, we always encourage you to check with an accountant first to make sure your donation can be written off as tax-free.
2. Do you receive government funding?
As a free medical clinic, we do receive some government funding. However, we rely on donations from individuals, groups, and churches that believe what we are doing is important to our community. We have people who support us annually, monthly, one-time, or through fundraisers. We’re always looking for more people to invest in the lives of the women and families who come to our centers looking for help.
Our entire operating budget for our center is privately funded. We do not use any federal or state grant money. Instead, we depend on donations from individuals, groups, and churches that believe what we are doing is important to our community. We have people who support us annually, monthly, one-time, or through fundraisers. We’re always looking for more people to invest in the lives of the women and families who come to our centers looking for help.
3. Do you take used donations?
Sometimes. We want all the items we offer to the women in our facility to be the best quality possible. For that reason, we do not accept items that aren’t excellent quality. Gently used items such as clothes, cribs, and books make wonderful donations. For the safety of our clients and their children, we do not accept these used items:
- Used breast pumps
- Diaper pails
- Stuffed animals
- Crib bumpers
- Used shoes
- Used bottles or pacifiers
- Walkers with wheels
- Items that are expired or overly worn or in ill repair
4. Which item do you need the most?
Our number one needed item is diapers. Mothers go through this faster than almost anything else. All sizes are useful, including the larger sizes 3, 4, 5 or 6. We hand these out regularly to moms in our programs. Your help matters more than you know!
- Formula (Gerber is most requested brand)
- New and gently used baby clothes up to size 2T
- Furnishings such as crib, carseat, stroller, high chair
- Baby toiletries such as wash, shampoo, lotion
- Bottles and pacifiers
- Small toys (like rattles or teething rings)
- Bibs, socks, booties
5. Where can I give money?
You can (click the link below/click the link here) to make an online donation to Cornerstone. Simply enter your card information and the amount you want to give. Whether it is a one-time gift or monthly support, you are making an eternal difference in the lives of pregnant couples right here in our community.
You can come to our main location at 364 Griswold Rd, Elyria, OH 44035 to hand-deliver a cash or check donation. We also accept credit card donations!
Amazon wish list and Amazon Smile
- If you would like a more unique way of giving, check out our Amazon wishlist here (LINK). There you will see a list of our most-needed items and can easily purchase them.
- Another great opportunity that is available when shopping on Amazon is Amazon Smile. Through this program, 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to the charity of your choice. Simply go to Smile.Amazon.com and select Cornerstone as the organization you want to support. With Amazon Smile, you can help us without any added cost to you!
6. Do you need volunteers?
Yes, like we need oxygen! Volunteers breathe life into our organization! There are tons of you can help at Cornerstone. For those who wish to work with clients, there is an application process. We want to assure that the women who come to us feel they are in a safe, welcoming environment, including with the staff. If you’d rather work behind the scenes, we have opportunities all the time at our center. Whether it be cleaning, collecting donations, delivering diapers and more, there is a place for you to plug in at NAME OF CENTER.
Not sure if being a volunteer is right for you? Check out our article on volunteering for stories from a real PRC volunteer and to learn more about the benefits – for the community and you!
7. How can I pray for you?
If you do not have the resources or time to come physically volunteer with us, don’t worry! Prayer is our biggest support in all of this. If you would like to start praying for us, here are a couple of things that you can pray for:
- The clients who enter our building
- Our staff
- Our donors
- More volunteers and support
- Donations to continue and increase
- The future impact of NAME OF CENTER on the community
- Those who work in the abortion industry
- Our building
- That God is glorified through our work
Still struggling with what to pray for? Check out our pro-life prayers article!